Who We Are
Faith’s Orphan’s Fund is a Christian Charity registered in Canada and supported by many denominations throughout Southern Ontario.
Through our partnership with Faith’s Orphans Foundation in Zambia, we provide the means to serve the vulnerable children in the Northwestern and Copperbelt Provinces of Zambia.
The Canadian Board of Directors volunteer their time and energy to oversee the financial and strategic allocation of the resources provided by our supporters.
There are presently more than 4200 registered orphans and vulnerable children cared for by Faith’s Orphan Foundation (FOF). A comprehensive strategy based on care and attention of the orphan has been implemented to break the cycle of poverty and give the children hope for a meaningful future.
Our strategy begins by providing the children with foster families so that they can remain in their own village rather than in an institution. There are 24 villages or centres registered with FOF, with 10 being located along the Chingola/Solwezi Road and 14 along the Lufwanyama District Road west of Kitwe.
The map below shows the location of the two main roads where our Centres are located in Zambia.
FOF also provides clothing, blankets, and health supplies to meet the children’s basic needs as well as payment of all school fees. FOF also facilitates life skills training through third party training groups or through the FOF’s accredited Skills Training Centre in the City of Kitwe.
In addition to educating the children, adult training in agriculture, health and nutrition is provided at each centre to improve the community’s overall quality of life.
- Meet the needs of orphaned and vulnerable children regardless of personal background, religion, health status or gender.
- Provide a high standard of care and make available a positive, life changing environment for the orphans and vulnerable children in our care.
- Encourage self sufficiency among orphans by active participation in community projects.
- Promote child welfare policies and education regarding HIV/AIDS and related illnesses
- Demonstrate and explain the love of God to each child through our commitment and care.
- Assist with the development of each centre by providing training and resources for projects generating financial, nutritional or health benefits for the community.